Church at a glance
Emmaus is a bible-believing church based in Orford, Warrington. We are passionate about serving Christ, caring for our community and sharing the good news about Jesus. We have close links with the other churches across Warrington.
We have been around for over 35 years, having started as a “house-church”. In 1994 we bought Orford Hall, a former care home and we have worked to transform it into a church building – our Church Centre.
Emmaus Church is a member of Evangelical Alliance and so we fully agree with the beliefs of mainstream Christian churches. We are not part of any mainstream denomination but enjoy strong friendships with many other churches in Warrington and throughout the UK.
Just take a look at the What's On menu and you will see that each week we have times of worship, prayer, fellowship, youth events, and outreach to the community.
Our Charitable Status
Emmaus Church is a registered charity under the name Warrington Emmaus Fellowship Trust.
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the Virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.